31 December

I was not to know that 11 December would be our last moor walk of the year.  The following weekend was busy with work as we prepared for visitors.  Then the days we could have walked at Christmas were wet and uninviting.  I looked at the forecast and said - Thursday looks good, it would be a good end to the year to have one last trek on Dartmoor.

And until yesterday evening that was the plan.  Moving, with Devon, into tier 3, however, made us feel that travelling to walk was not appropriate, so instead I've got my blog up to date and we'll walk locally.  I'm glad I took a few minutes on Bonehill Rocks earlier this month to reflect, and I was blessed by that hint of a rainbow.

The year started with the aim of visiting 50 tors - the final total is 154!  A revised aim of 50 walks was met with 42 - and all things considered for the year, I'm impressed with my persistence.  I also reached the summit of 47 out of 53 tors of 500m plus.  Grateful to Jonathan for committing with me this year - he's been with me for probably 150 of the walks, patiently snapping shots for this blog.  And grateful to those who've supported my three charities.  I don't know the exact amount collected, but it's over my target of £500 overall.

Hard to choose a favourite photo, but this one maybe reflects how Dartmoor often feels - like it puts things into perspective!



No comments:

Post a Comment