11 December

I picked up a particular postcard (no.284 here) earlier this year and wanted to finish visiting the tors shown.  We climbed Down Tor, above Burrator Reservoir, earlier in the autumn, and last weekend I sought out Combestone Tor.  Today was the turn of Hound Tor (414m) [K17], my 150th tor, which we put together with Greator Rocks (371m) and Holwell Rocks (382m).  By this time the weather had turned a little, and we were glad of our waterproofs.  

Hound Tor:


Greator Rocks:

Holwell Rocks:


To find the fourth postcard tor, we drove on toward Widecombe, and parked at Bonehill Rocks (393m).  When we visited Bell, Chinkwell and Honeybag on our second walk of this year, the pull up from Widecombe was too much for me to face adding in these rocks, so this was a return visit.  I'd kept my wellies on from the Hound Tor walk, so left Jonathan in the car and wandered around the rocks on my own for a short while.  There are some lovely views to the south - on this occasion with some bits highlighted by the sun - and as I came around and was looking north, there was the beginning of a rainbow.  It was a good time to reflect on my visits to the moor this year, to be thankful for all we have achieved, come rain or shine!



No comments:

Post a Comment